Qualifications / Required Licensure:
- One-year experience in a licensed clinical laboratory.
- Demonstrated skills in areas of quality control, maintenance of equipment, and Quality Assessment functions.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to understand and communicate technical scientific information to a wide range of audiences.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform moderate and high complexity chemistry and bacteriology testing and report results.
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, maintenance, reporting, and maintaining records.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures for escalation and troubleshooting whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Perform accurate quality control and Quality Assessment activities according to protocols.
- Perform analysis, including calibration, quality control, samples inventory, and routine maintenance.
- Maintain accurate personal training and competencies records.
- Utilize LIS quickly and effectively.
- Clean and decontaminate work areas daily.
- Assist with the writing and revision of standard operating procedures as requested by supervisor.
- Other duties and projects as assigned from time to time.
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills.
- Consistently displays a positive, patient attitude and extends respect and courtesy toward supervisors and peers alike.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Results and goals oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; flexible and quickly adaptable to changing priorities.
- Good people skills. Ability to supervise team members and work with a positive attitude, control negativity, and promote teamwork at all times.
- Ability to inculcate the core values and serve as positive example to team members and others within the organization.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent training skills and shares knowledge.
- Having integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Passionate for both personal and corporate success.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Commitment to quality.
To apply, please submit your resume, a brief cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position, and your hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org